The Simpsons doesn’t judge that it anxious you enough at Halloween, so the chills are going to, er, bleed into Thanksgiving.
Introducing “Thanksgiving of Horror,” a trilogy episode in the vein of the annual Halloween special, “Treehouse of Horror.” However this one — the 12th non-Treehouse trilogy in Simpsons historical past — targets to position blood and guts into your turkey feast as a change of your trick-or-care for fetch. Airing Nov. 24 at 8 p.m. on Fox, “Thanksgiving of Horror” is a correct visible feast in its time slot, boasting the longest-ever operating time for a Simpsons single episode in Simpsons historical past, clocking in at almost 25 minutes.
The now no longer-exactly-festive installment of the inviting comedy whisks you by T-Days past, expose, and future. Act 1 is made up our minds in the 300 and sixty five days 1621 at maybe the major Thanksgiving, the attach harmless turkeys are anxious by invading Pilgrims. Act 2 is a unethical, abilities-sinful contemporary-day Thanksgiving and formulation Dim Mirror creator Charlie Brooker because the relate of a social media app impressed by the 2016 Dim Mirror episode “Nosedive.” The third act takes space on the very final Thanksgiving, in due direction on a spaceship that escapes a dying planet. “We love ‘Treehouse of Horror’ so much that, love Thanksgiving itself, we are grasping for a 2d serving to of terror.” says Simpsons govt producer Matt Selman. “Thanksgiving is a upsetting holiday from unwanted political discussions to now no longer sharp what time the meals is being served. There’s heaps of effort there.” Forward of we enter this completely monstrous turkey-scape, Selman used to be kind enough to arm us with 10 teases for “Thanksgiving of Horror.”
1. “In homage to the standard upsetting Halloween names from ‘Treehouse of Horror,’ the repeat’s writers enjoy yummy Thanksgiving names in this episode. Shall we embrace, Joel H. Cohen becomes Joel Ate Corn.”
2. “The muse for Act One used to be to make a extra pulse-pounding version of the film Apocalypto.”
3. “The thrilling trot tune in ‘A-Gobble-lyto’ involves precise turkeys gobbling.”
4. “The premise for a cranberry monster used to be impressed by sitcom writers lazily pitching on items on the Thanksgiving table, ‘cranberry’ being the 2d most evident meals.”
5. “The Simpsons, who’re reimagined as a family of turkeys, be in contact most effective in gobble language, improvised by the relate actors at rehearsal.”
6. “Upsetting photos recur in all three acts of the repeat, alongside side a truly monstrous ticket of cranberry sauce, Bog Queen.”
7. “The command of Dim Mirror episode ‘White Christmas’ used to be the muse for ‘The Fourth Thursday After The following day’ — with Homer in the Jon Hamm role. However love in ‘The united statesCallister,’ we are rooting for the unreal intelligence to defeat the categorical of us.”
8. “The episode has many hidden Dim Mirror Easter eggs, alongside side references to ‘San Junipero,’ ‘The Waldo Moment,’ and ‘The National Anthem.” Mayor Quimby appears very depressed with what he could must lift out Spider-pig.”
9. “Right here is the final episode by which possibilities are you’ll perchance hear the slack Russi Taylor voicing Martin Prince. However have faith us, Russi’s Martin goes out in memorable vogue.”
10. “The extinguish credits are shown over the customary Simpsons-Thanksgiving connection: precise photos of the Bart balloon on the 1991 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.”
Your preview of the episode doesn’t conclude here, though. Dig into the unparalleled clip above to ogle abilities stride impolite as Homer flirts with an Alexa originate of Marge.
Linked squawk material:
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe