SportsPulse: The Ravens were fully entrenched within the No. 1 place for weeks, so a blowout capture on Monday night most productive solidifies their command. As for the Rams, no longer so grand.
NFL energy rankings, post-Week 12 edition:
1. Ravens (1): One more milestone now in Lamar Jackson’s sights? He can shatter franchise’s single-season file for TD passes, which is 33 — predicament by Vinny Testaverde in 1996.
2. Patriots (2): No complacency for what Tom Brady admits is sputtering offense, LT Isaiah Wynn and rookie WR N’Keal Harry, who scored his first TD, joining starting up lineup Sunday.
3. 49ers (5): Despite most impressive exhibiting of season, is maybe no longer easy holding NFC’s high seed with trips to Baltimore, New Orleans and Seattle looming.
4. Saints (3): Trait that should help them nicely? They’re unlikely to implode. Seven turnovers a league low, and they put no longer want extra than one in any sport.
5. Seahawks (4): Want one more big Russell Wilson statistic? When given a halftime lead of on the least four aspects for the length of his eight-Three hundred and sixty five days occupation, he’s 55-0.
NFL playoff image after Week 12: 49ers’ capture offers pecking declare in NFC
32 things we discovered: From Week 12 of the 2019 NFL season
NFL winners, losers: 49ers step on the gasoline whereas Cowboys fume in several ideas
6. Packers (6): They’re clearly inclined against teams that could well well escape the passer. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 15 cases over previous four weeks (Pack 2-2).
7. Texans (12): Or no longer it is presumably too early to plan a definitive conclusion, however or no longer it is that you just would possibly want to well well maybe have faith this defense could well well furthermore merely be taking half in higher since J.J. Watt went down.
8. Chiefs (7): Whole season sweep of Raiders this Sunday, and they will actually comprise a three-sport lead in AFC West with four weeks final in season.
9. Vikings (8): They are going to be intriguing pressed to cough up two-sport lead for last NFC playoff berth, however two West Scramble trips in subsequent three weeks don’t advantage.
10. Colts (10): Losses to Raiders, Steelers could well well furthermore merely spell doom in tie-breaker division for Indy, that will furthermore merely’t compose up grand ground with three NFC opponents left.
11. Cowboys (9): How grand does NFL showcase Dallas? Their Thanksgiving sport at once adopted by one more high-time look every Three hundred and sixty five days since 2012.
12. Bills (15): Worthy has been fabricated from Buffalo’s Division II agenda, however subsequent four video games against teams with a hit records. What will we discover out about Bills?
13. Titans (16): Would you private Ryan Tannehill now qualifies as high-rated passer in AFC (111.4)? No wonder buzz is constructing that Tennessee could well well furthermore merely lengthen him.
14. Rams (11): Did they merely escape staunch into a buzzsaw Monday night, or has L.A. actually fallen off this grand in no longer up to a Three hundred and sixty five days? The acknowledge could well well furthermore be … yes.
15. Browns (17): Heading into Pittsburgh with three-sport a hit lunge, this is precisely form of sport where erratic Cleveland team must take care of composure.
16. Steelers (18): Now not two years eradicated from Bell/Ben/Brown Triplets, T.J. Watt, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Devin Bush could well well furthermore merely be new faces of this franchise.
17. Panthers (20): It appears rookie K Joey Slye hasn’t heard Carolina owner David Tepper’s unwillingness to make a decision for “long-term mediocrity.” Large lawful.
18. Eagles (14): No matter how beaten up they are, or no longer it is officially plod time given subsequent three opponents earlier than key rematch with Dallas are combined 6-27.
19. Jets (27): You perchance know Jets were on fire final three weeks, scoring 34 in each sport. But create they feature NFL’s high-rated escape defense?
20. Raiders (13): Horrendous as they seemed in Sunday’s meltdown, a capture at Kansas Metropolis in Week 13 vaults Oakland into first-command tie atop AFC West.
21. Chargers (21): Philip Rivers has now been on dropping discontinue of 61 video games decided by seven or fewer aspects, most by any starting up quarterback in Chubby Bowl era.
22. Bears (23): Or no longer it is convenient to pin blame for this season on Mitchell Trubisky. But what about working sport that’s surpassed century model twice all Three hundred and sixty five days?
23. Buccaneers (24): The right kind save a matter to, given Bucs’ 20th-ranked ground sport, is why hasn’t highschool RB Vita Vea been in backfield a long way extra in overall in 2019?
24. Cardinals (25): Chandler Jones no longer off target to manual league in sacks for 2nd time in three seasons, yet does anyone give him acclaim he clearly deserves?
25. Jaguars (22): Just one team has surrendered extra speeding TDs than Jacksonville. Just one team has scored fewer speeding TDs than Jacksonville. Hmmm.
26. Falcons (19): Anybody else wonder why NFL decided we wanted to stamp Atlanta and New Orleans meet on Thanksgiving night for 2nd time in as decades?
27. Broncos (26): Shoutout to Courtland Sutton, who’s developed into Expert Bowl-caliber wideout below less-than-superb offensive cases this season.
28. Redskins (31): Most productive thing about Dwayne Haskins’ selfie? Zeal with which he honored two-turnover efficiency that saw him total 45% of his passes.
29. Dolphins (29): From “Silver Linings Playbook” division, Allen Hurns indubitably one of league’s nicest comeback reports, new extension in hand correct months after upsetting playoff ruin whereas with Dallas.
30. Lions (28): Why wouldn’t they shut down Matthew Stafford? Perhaps that comes subsequent week, after they will seemingly be officially eradicated from playoff image.
31. Giants (30): Why wouldn’t they shut down Saquon Barkley? Perhaps that comes subsequent week, after they will seemingly be officially eradicated from playoff image.
32. Bengals (32): First, they kick Andy Dalton to curb with no possibility for parole. Then, they throw Ryan Finely to wolves … with no possibility. Now wait on to Dalton? Neatly done. No higher system to encapsulate 0-11.
(Earlier ranking in parentheses)
Follow USA TODAY Sports’ Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis
If you happen to treasure talking soccer, we now comprise got the absolute best place for you. Join our Fb Group, The Ruling Off the Discipline, to utilize in pleasant debate and dialog with fellow soccer fans and our NFL insiders.
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe